The paper mill on the Penobscot River in South Brewer, which became known as Eastern Fine Paper Co., began as a sawmill in 1884. Over the years it grew to be an important part of the region’s economy and a significant presence in the landscape. Its closing in 2005 affected more than the men and women who lost their jobs.
- Invoice from Tucker's Book, Card & Job Printing Office, Portland, 1859Invoice from Tucker's Book, Card & Job Printing Office, Portland, 1859 This invoice to Mr. W. G. Hoben for miscellaneous print work including address cards, ByLaws, and posters is dated November 28, 1859. Mr. Hoben paid $14.25 for the work and was paid in full on December 27, 1859. The billhead states that the printing was done by Caloric Power […]
- Pepperell Mills lower lagoon, Biddeford, 2014
- Film of Soap Box Derby, Portland, 1940
- Portland Music Festival flyer, Portland, 1923
- Invoice from Tucker's Book, Card & Job Printing Office, Portland, 1859